- Successful eCommerce email marketing begins with segmenting your customer lists. One communication or promotion is not going to resonate with all of your customers.
- Leverage the data you collect from the behavior of your website visitors. For example, if a visitor abandons their shopping cart, trigger an email that re-engages him. If he doesn’t return and make a purchase after the first reminder, add him to your lead nurturing campaign to keep him in the sales funnel.
- Combine past purchase history with browse data to send emails including:
- Complete the look
- Frequently bought together
- We recommend (staff favorites based on your favorites)
- People that viewed this also viewed that
- People that viewed this purchased that
Browse and Orders:
- Top styles based on your recent order
- Just for you
- Treat yourself
- Send 'thank you' emails to achieve a 13x increase in revenue compared to promotional mailings. Sending a thank you follow up email can increase likelihood of becoming a repeat buyer up to 70%.
- Personalizing emails is one of the easiest and most effective ways to grab the attention of your prospects and customers. With so many emails overloading their inboxes everyday, yours is likely to get skipped over if you don’t stand out. Personalize subject lines and CTA's for a better open rate.
- The most popular days to send emails are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.