Email templates allow you to create text and HTML email designs, and store them for future use. You can use email templates for your mass email sends, autoresponders, or pop-up offer follow-ups.
The features of the Email Template include the ability to:
- Create variable tags – etc. with screenshot
- Add images
- Source – copy and paste – HTML from another template
- Add hyperlinks
- Include unsubscribe and Preference Center options (link to Preference Center)
To create a new email template:
1. Navigate to the Email Template tab on the left-hand menu.
2. This view shows you a list of the Email Templates you have created and saved before. Select the Create Email Template button at the top right.
3. Follow the wizard.
a. Step 1 – Template. To begin, select one of our pre-built Email Templates. When you are ready to move on, click Next at the top.
b. Step 2 – Design. You can customize any aspect of the template you select. When you are ready to move on, click Next at the top.
c. Step 3 – Preview. Here you can preview the Template and Design. When you are ready to move on, click Next at the top.
d. Step 4 – Setup. Here, you will specify the name of the Email Template, who the email is sent from and sent to, and the content of the subject line. Note that you may also specify a reply-to email address that is different from the sent-from email address, if so desired.
4. Save and Exit when complete.
Your email templates can be used by triggers and offers. Be sure that set-up is complete before attempting to use them in any trigger or offer.
To edit an email template:
- Navigate to the Email Template tab on the left-hand menu.
- This view shows you a list of the Email Templates you have created and saved before. Select the desired Email Template you would like to edit, and click Edit Email Template at the top.
- Follow the wizard as described above.
- Save and Exit when complete.