Form handlers enable you to send data from your existing online web forms back into Kevy. This gives you control to design your forms to reflect your website, but still pass the submission information back into the Kevy platform.
- The Email Address field should always be set to required.
- If a field is set as required in your website form, you should also make this field required on your form handler mappings. If the required fields do not match, the form submission will fail if a prospect leaves the field blank.
- The form fields must match exactly with the format you place in your form handler mappings.
Creating A Form Handler
- Navigate to Automation > Form Handlers.
- Click Create Form Handler.
- Enter Name.
- Select a Campaign.
- Determine the Success URL using the dropdown provided. You can select Specific URL or Referring URL.
- Determine the Failure URL using the dropdown provided. You can select Specific URL or Referring URL to determine where the visitor will be redirected if there is an error with the form. Note:
- If you select the ‘Referring URL’ then the page will remain the same as the form is hosted on.
- If you select the ‘Specific URL‘ then you will need type in the URL of where you want the visitor redirected if the form field values are incorrect.
- Add and map your form handler fields with the fields of your existing form.
- Add a Completion Action if desired.
- Click Create form handler to save.
Once this is complete, you will be ready to integrate your Kevy Form Handler with your active online web form. To do this, use the steps provided here: Integrating Form Handlers With Your Online Forms.